Status: Beta reviewer - Video Reviewer
iDevices she/he owns: - iPad3- iPhone5
Description: I'm a ex designer and full-time teacher so I have a very good perspective on design elements and user interface. I have been actively testing apps for more than 2 years. I can test educational apps with kids ages 2 to 10 and have there perspective. The most important thing for me is to correctly rate an app regardless of the money I'm getting.
Profile categories: Can test apps with kids ages 0-2 - Can test apps with kids ages 3-5 - Can test apps with kids ages 6-10 - Can test apps with kids ages over 10 - Teaching kids ages 0-2 - Teaching kids ages 3-5 - Teaching kids ages 6-10 - Teaching kids ages over 10 - Special education teacher or AT (Assistive Tech.) specialist - Homeschooler - Librarian - SLP - OT - Educational Technology specialist - Gamer
Date when her/his profile was validated: 2012-11-13
User who invited him/her: Jean-Eudes L.
Total review Karma: + 28 ?
|What I liked||1. The first thing that I noticed when I started the app is the song. The kid really loves it and now he sings it around the house.
2. The user interface is very simple and that helped the kid(4 years old) to acces the games on his own.
3. In the mini game where you have to choose from 2 columns I really like the scrolling can't go too fast so the kid missed the object only once or twice.
4. The cards are color coordinated and this makes it easy to find 2 of a kind.
|Improvements||1. I would like to see more characters in the mini game. Lulu and Tommie are not enough.
2. The selections of objects, animals and colors are pretty good, but you have to add all of them to the 6 and 12 card games. The 6 especially has a limited selection of cards and the game is getting very repetitive.
3. The language options are very limited, it needs more to choose from. The kids could learn some new words by playing this game.
|General review||This is a good memory game. You can pic from a range of difficulty and enter in a colorful and pleasant world for your kid. The app needs some updates in the language and diversity of characters, cards sections, but that's not something major. The app has a great value, it's only 1 dollar and it is worth every penny.|
|What I liked||1.the graphics are very well made, and I like that they are cartoony so the kid can pass quickly from watching tv to learning on the iPad
2.the fact that the game has achievements makes it even challenging, so the idea of finishing it is greater.
3.i really like that the complicated letters can be made from multiple lines, so the game is not becoming to complicated for a 5 year old.
4. The fact that the game has a lite version is amazing, so parents can try it out before they make more level purchases.
|Improvements||1.you have to add more colors for the kids to enjoy (my kid wanted that)
2.it would be great if the game had more language options, so the kids could learn some new words when they are pronounced by the app.
3.the fact that you have to complete all words in a level to pass to another one is not good. If the kid gets bored for some reason he must have an option to go to the next.
4. the stars at the top of the word you are trying to write are confusing to kids. You have to come up with a better system of evaluating the progress.
|General review||This is a very well make educational app. The graphics are crisp and the controls are very precise. Tracking words gets even more challenging when you add in the achievements. The app needs more language options and more colors to right with, but after you play the first 4 free levels you will defenetly buy the next levels via in-app purchase.|
|What I liked||1.the gameplay is unique, the combination of angry birds and pinball is a new concept that really works
2.the integration of game centre is a plus, adding achievements and leader-boards makes the game even challenging
3.the graphics are great, I really like the cartoony style and vivid colors
4.the tutorial is excellent, it explains all you need to know in a very nice visual way
|Improvements||1.when I play the game I want to see more of the level so I can decide where to go next. The ninja icons are oke, but it's hard to know where you go. Please make a zoom out option so I can see more, like pinch to zoom out in angry birds
2.i'm playing for sometime and after I killed some ninjas the music goes off, the sounds are still on, but the music is off. After I restarted the level the music was oke. Please fix this bug, it's annoying
|General review||This is a unique game that combines the gameplay of angry birds with that of pinball. Adding the cool cartoony graphics and the good sounds and the game is very well made. There is a bug with music going off but that that's nothing. The game can get addictive and it's very nice to challenge friends over Game Center|
|What I liked||1. I absolutely love the graphics (on the iPhone). They are very well made and bring back memories from a long time ago
2. The retro gameplay is great and the selection of missions is amazing. Lots of objectives and lots of hours spent playing
3. The loading times are very good and I don't have to wait to play like in other RPGs
|Improvements||1. The first thing I noticed when I opened the app on my iPad is the resolution of the game. I can play it but on 2x resolution. Please make a HD version of the game
2. You must come up with an interactive and easy to understand tutorial at the beginning of the game. A lot of people don't know how to play it (tested on a friend)
3. When I play a game I like to keep the iPad in my lap and because of that I always press the volume buttons. Please make the app rotate so the volume buttons will be on top of the device
|General review||This is a very well made RPG with great retro gameplay and good graphics for the iPhone. The fact that's missing native iPad resolution could be something to consider if you are looking to play it on the the bigger screen. The variety of objectives is very good and the number of missions will keep you playing for hours|
|What I liked||1. The first thing I noticed when I launched the app is the tutorial. It's a very well made video that teaches you the basics.
2. The app helped me study for a quiz test I had coming, so it's a great tool for home learning.
3. The user interface is one of the simplest I've even seen and this makes it very good so you can focus more on your work.
4. The price is very good for the functionality you are getting and the long time you are going to use it.
|Improvements||1. The app crashed the first time I opened it. After I watched the tutorial I got a black screen and I had to kill the app and reopen it. The second crash was in the settings menu, I tried to send the app via email but crashed, it worked fine the second time.
2. The app is fine to use at home on your iPhone, but teachers use the iPad in the classroom so please make a native version for the bigger screen( kids love bigger screens).
|General review||This is a great learning tool. The interface is simple and clean, letting you to focuse more on your work. The file sharing option in very cool and the folder management is one of the best. The overall value of the app is great and the price is well worth it.|
|What I liked||1. The first thing I noticed was the settings menu, very well done and can't be accessed by mistake when the kid plays alone. The long press thing is very useful.
2. The story is not too long and not too complicated fot a kid that's 4 years old.
3. The app is very colorful and interactive so hi likes it because be can be part of the story
4. The hints (colorful stars) are well made and can be seen very easy by the player.
5. The kid always dances when he hears the Paddle Duck song. He loves it!
6. I like the fact that you can go back if you missed something or want to replay something.
|Improvements||1. After playing the app for several days I can say that the price is too high. It should be 99 cents. The content is limited and the replay value is not one of the best, the kid gets bored and wants another story Ina couple of days
2. As much as I like the hints I would love to be a way to turn them off so the kid can play the app without getting any help, please make this possible in an upcoming version
3. One thing that caught the kids eye was the bee in the flower. After discovering it he wanted to do something interactive with it. Maybe it will become part of the story in a next version
|General review||The app is very well made, with cute characters and a very nice interactive story. The parental controls and the funny song are also a nice touch. BUT the biggest drawback of this app is the price. It's too high for the content you are getting and the low replay value.|
|What I liked||1.the selection of songs is excellent, a lot of popular and well known tunes
2.i played the app with kids and family and we had a lot of fun plus we felt the Christmas spirit
3.the app has a very simple and clean interface, big buttons and bright colours, so kids can use it on there own
4.the value of the app is very good. I bought it now and I can play it every Christmas
|Improvements||1.the app needs a permanent internet connection if you want to use it, so this makes the app limited and you can't use it anywhere you go
2. The fact that the app sings is very useful for children, but for family fun you must add an option so that you have only the negative and the lyrics
3.please make the app go landscape. The text would be bigger and the app would look better plus a lot of people use the iPad in landscape
4.i don't like the fact that you have to go back to the list to play the next song. I tried the next button (when in full screen) but it's not working
|General review||It's Christmas and if you love karaoke this is a great app. The selection of songs is incredible and the menu is clean and easy to use. There are a few negative parts like missing landscape mode and skip to next song, but that's easy to solve in an upcoming update. The value of the app is very good, you buy now and use it every year|
|What I liked||1. The concept behind the app is very interesting. This is the first time I used an app like this and it's useful.
2. The design of the app is very simple and this is a good thing because I'm concentrated only on connecting with friends.
3. The value of the app is very good and the price is perfect for a social app.
|Improvements||1. The social networks that are supported are currently too limited. It needs more options to keep up with other apps like this that are coming on the market.
2. I had some problems connecting to an iPad 3. But it worked well on 2 iPhone 5s, so I'm assuming a fix for the iPad could come in an update.
3. You have to make a native iPad app.
|General review||This is a new and interesting concept with lots of potential. The user interface is clean and simple. The social networks options are pretty limited at the moment but I'm sure it will improve. I had some problems with connecting for the first time but nothing major. Overall a good app with a bright future.|
|What I liked||1. I opened the app and I had lots of help to understand how it works.
2. The app has a good design for kids and the "blackboard" style makes it very friendly for the classroom.
3. The tests are top notch. I can say it's very clear they are make by professional educational people.
|Improvements||1. I tried to turn down the volume when I'm using the app but I couldn't do that, it's persistent. I had to turn my iPad on silent mode to stop the sound.
2. The selection of titles is good but not good enough. I need more options to be able to invest my money in this app by buying the full version.
3. A few times the kid had to write a result ( in numbers) and all of the iPad standard keyboard appeared on the screen. Please fix this !
|General review||This is a very good app to have in the classroom ore at home. The design is very kids friendly and the instructions are top notch. The titles that are available are not sufficient to make this app a must buy but with some hard work from the developer it will be.|
|What I liked||1. The game is great, I never came across such a game concept. And I have to say it's very challenging.
2. This is also an educational app. I payed it with children and in a pub with my friends. And in bough situations I had a lot of fun. The game refers to a wide range of ages.
3. The amount of categories is tremendous ( I purchased the full version because I enjoy the game).
|Improvements||1. I can't get any more radar guns, the only way to get them is to buy them. You should give away some then I finish a category.
2. I don't like the position of the advertising, they are too intrusive. I understand that you have to add them in a lite version but do it more elegant.
3. I would like a pause button, offen I got something to do and the time just expired.
|General review||This is a very well made app with lots of quizzes for you to enjoy with friends and kids. It has manny categories to chose from: animals, cars, aircrafts, motorcycles etc. The concept is unique and certently it's a very good investment and will keep you entertain for hours.|
|What I liked||1. The design of the application is very good. The graphics are very well done and the sounds are excellent and real.
2. The amount of information is really good and it's structured in a simple way so even a chiald can understand it.
3. The application is very cool because the kids can see in more detail the insects they come across in the surroundings.
4. The photo quizzes are well done and can be a good way for kids to learn about. Kids learn easy then they can see a photo of something.
|Improvements||1. The first thing I noticed when I opened the applications was the performance. Switching threw menus is not fluent and the app feels leggy.
2. The back button is not in english, It's chinese or some other character base language.
3. Two photos for each insect is not very good for a 4 dollar application and the videos could be longer and more interesting.
4. I would like to continue listening to the narrator then I'm viewing the photos of the insect.
5. When I press the night button I would like to see insects that are present only at night and on daytime only light insects.
|General review||This is a very good application for kids to see in detail the insects they come across in the surroundings. The design of the app is very good and you can see videos and photos of the insects plus you get a really cool photo base quiz to test the knowledge of your kid. Unfortunately I only can give this app a 3 star rating because of the performance issues I had with it. The menus are very leggy and the entire applications just felt bad.|
|What I liked||1. I tested the app with several friends and the sound was loud and clear over 3G and LTE.
2. The design of the app is very minimalist, simple and really easy to use for all ages.
3. The Facebook massaging feature is really cool and I'm glad I can use this app and delete the messenger app.
4. The service is FREE and this is great.
|Improvements||1. The first thing I would really like to see improved is the sign up feature. For me it was easy but when I asked several people of older ages to sign up, they hesitated when they had to enter the phone number to receive the confirmation code.
2. A lot of people use the app on the iPad. So a native iPad version would be awesome.
|General review||This application is a great way of saving some money on phone bills. The sound is good and the design of the app is simple and easy to use. The fact that this is a FREE calling service is great, but the low number of people on this service is the biggest disadvantage.|
|What I liked||1. The concept of the game is great. I had lots of fun with it. The replay value is present here.
2. The controls are very precise and this makes the gameplay great.
3. The fact that you don't have to buy in-app purchase is a nice feature. I reached multiplier 20 in a few minutes, no need to buy x16.
4. The integration of Game Center is a nice thing. I can watch leaderboards and unlock achievements. This adds more challenge to the game.
5. A good thing that the app is a universal one. I can play it on my iPad and iPhone and pay only once.
|Improvements||1. The application can be played on the iPad, but it's hard to keep something this heavy a long time in your hands and steer the ball. The iPhone version is much more playable and maybe the iPad mini.
2. You need to add some themes or the possibility to change the background or the color of the ball. More variety.
3. The icons in the menu need to have an explication under them. You need to add under each icon what it dose.
4. The volume knobs are cool but they lag on my iPad 2 and on the iPhone 4S, but they work great on my iPhone 5.
5. The ambient music can get boring after a short time.
|General review||Overall this is a great concept. The gameplay is easy to understand and to master. The graphics are simple, but they need more color options in the future. The game can be a bit hard to play on the iPad because of it's size, but the iPhone version is much more playable. The in-app purchases can be unlocked by playing the game so no need to spend extra money and this thing is hudge.|
|What I liked||1. The application is very good at keeping me entertain for hours, because I'm a crime watcher and I enjoy reading about the characters.
2. The application has a educational side to it, you can learn a lot of interesting things.
3. The design of the application is very good and simple (except for the start screen ).
4. The replay value is good because you don't always get the same characters to identify.
|Improvements||1. When I opened the application I didn't know how to start the game. The
2. Please add some background music, I didn't hear a thing. And no music is very bad, it gets really strange after some minutes.
3. The scoring sistem is strage and you don't have a tutorial at the beginning to explain it. Please improve this.
|General review||This is a good game, especially for a crime lover. The design of the app is simple and easy to use, except for the start screen where the CONTINUE button is too small and at the bottom (it took me several minutes to start the game). The replay value is good and the app gets educational if you read the characters biography.|
|What I liked||1. I like the gameplay of the application. It doesn't have only one game mode and this is very nice because kids get bored of the same thing after a short period of time.
2. The graphics are very good, colorful and professionally design. And so are the characters!
3. The practice section is very well made, with specific numbers and statistics on the left.
|Improvements||1. This is a kids application too, so, it would be very nice if the characters would speak out and not let the kid read all of the story.
2. The "back" button is design to look more as a "replay" button and this is kind of confusing.
3. The loading time for every menu I open is annoying after you spend some time in the app.
4. I didn't see any difficulty options and for a 4 year old kid is too hard to collect all the coins and drag all the chests. Please add some options to enhance the gameplay in a future version of the application.
|General review||This is a good way for your kid to learn basic math in a nice game environment. The visuals are excellent and the gameplay is well done and different. There are a few cosmetic problems, but nothing majore for me, so I have to give this app a 5 star rating.|
|What I liked||1. I like the visuals of the game. The graphics are very well done and the characters are very cute. Kids love them.
2. The concept of the game is certainly unique and very interesting, plus it has lots of potential.
3. The music in the application is enjoyable and the animal sounds are realistic and very funny.
4. I like that you can ROAR! instead of taping the play button. Very nice touch.
|Improvements||1. The tutorial is missing. I know it's a basic game (you only have to ROAR!), but I gave this app to a friend and he didn't know what to do it it.
2. The graphics are excellent, but the animations are very bad, you could work on this and make them more fluid.
3. It would be nice if the app only worked with a ROAR, but now it works with almost anything loud the kids say.
4. The price is too high, this app at best should be 1 dollar, if not FREE, because the replay value is just not here. The kids got very bored of the app after they played with it for minutes. The content is very limited.
|General review||This is an interesting and unique game for kids, with good graphics and funny characters, but with lots of things to improve in a future version. The replay value is just not here and the price of the app is too high for me, because of the limited content.|
|What I liked||1. I like that this application is very well made and from the beginning it was developed as a quality security tool.
2. This is a premium application at a great price: FREE and I hope you keep it this way.
3 The user-interface is very simple and easy to use for all ages and kind of people.
|Improvements||1. When I first opened the application, I received a message saying that i can't recover or reset my password. This is kind of scary for me and I highly suggest you do something about it.
2. I'm afraid that my data is only passworded and not actually encrypted in some way. You should let people know this. And if not, encrypt the informations.
|General review||This application is amazing. A very good security tool to use for all your devices. I hope the data in this app is encrypted, but I don't know for sure. Overall this is a must-have application for security reasons and has an unbelievable price for a premium solution: FREE|
|What I liked||1. The visuals are very well done, high quality graphics, good artwork in the book.
2. I like the "early readers" and "advanced" options. Very nicely made and very useful feature for adults or kids.
3. The "paint" section and "activities" section are some good content that I get for free, presented in a very nice way.
|Improvements||1. When we read the book, I would like to be a way to auto-turn the page and after I finished the book it would be nice to have a button to go "home" without searching threw the menu.
2. The paint section is nice, but I would like to see more colors in some way. You could add something for me to make my own color or combine two of them.
3. It would be very nice to add more languages. Thiis is a very good application and I would like to see it get more attention.
|General review||This is a wonderful application to have on my iPad. The quality is very high and the structure of the story is great. Some other mini-games add to the value of this app and I can definitely say this is a 5 star book worth every penny, especially with the Easter fresh in our minds.|
|What I liked||1. The application has really good visuals, vivid colors that attract the kids and a nice and happy music that they enjoy.
2. The content I got for 1 dollar is very good. There are a lot of games to play from all kind of categories.
3. The last matryoshka (that I thought it was a time test) is very nice. The kids can test what they learned in a very nice and elegant way.
4. The 3 second press on the menu button is a nice safety touch.
|Improvements||1. Most of the animals are well done and the kids can recognize them, but there are some animals that are not very well made and kids keep asking what are whey. This needs some improvements and maybe adding a voice that speaks out the animal when we tap on it.
2. After we finished repacking the dolls, the mini-game appeared and we had to tap on a lot of different things. It's hard for an adult to get them all, but kids are way slower, so you can imagine what happens.
3. A short tutorial at the beginning of the game would be a nice touch, not all people know what martyoshka is.
|General review||This is a very good educational tool for kids and toddlers. The visuals are very pleasant and the music is perfect for this game. The value is certainly here because I paid a dollar and I get a lot of content. Overall, a 5 star application that needs some very small changes to make it perfect.|
|What I liked||1. This is a wonderful tool to have in the classroom. It's very hard now-days to teach the old fashion way, with all the gadgets that they have home, so being able to teach on the iPad is quite amazing. I have them very interested in math.
2. The value is very good, I buy this application once and I can use it for years to come.
3. The Bluetooth feature is very nice, so they can work in tandem and 2 heads are always better then one.
|Improvements||1. I exited the application by pressing the home button and after some time I tried to reopen it from the multitasking menu. The application was frozen and I had to manually kill the app and reopen it. This happened twice on my iPad 2 with the latest OS.
2. The animation when the dice roll is kind of sluggish. Please improve this and you can add some new dice colors and models.
|General review||Overall, this is a fantastic tool for teaching in school or maybe at home with parents. The application is very well developed and with a clean design. The value is certently here, because you can use it multiple years and the bluetooth feature is a great addition.|
|What I liked||1. This is a nice and very good looking game for little girls. The colors really pop up and the design of the objects you buy is very good.
2. Kids enjoy this game because it's structured like a story. They fallow a cute character on a shopping spree.
3. I like what she spends her own savings from the piggy bank to buy all the thing she wants. And that she needs to work for gems.
4. Afer finishing the game the app automaticaly closed. This is a nice touch.
|Improvements||1. When I first opened the game the loading time was quite long. This is not a big deal, but when the kids start playing there were lots of times they had to wait for loading times. This makes the game feel bad.
2. Along with the loading time, the app lags (on my iPad 2 with iOS 6.1.3). The ball game is laggy and hard for me to play let-alone a kid. This too adds to the overall feel of the game
3. In the bonus levels after finishing I don't get to see how many gems I collected. The score disappears too fast.
4. The game can get a little boring after playing for awhile. The game are repetitive.
|General review||This is a wonderful application for little girls. The visuals are really eye catching and kids love the bright colors. The story is nice too, following a girl to shopping and playing mini-games at the same time is quite nice. But all o this good content is placed in a laggy application with long loading time and unfortunately the experience is affected. This is why I give it 3 stars.|
|What I liked||- The game is very educational for kids and even for me with the nice Grown-up's Corner
- It has lots of different games and I like that it has "hard" and "easy" so the game is aimed for different ages
- The paint is really nice. In most paint games you chose a color and with one tap you fill out a lot of space. This is not the case here and it gets challenging to paint something with brushes or chalk
- The content keeps adding up and after all the different game the app still has some other great features like: music, stickers and learn. A nice bonus that add to the overall value of the app
|Improvements||- On the turtle spot the difference game the kids had some difficulties becouse the voice asked them to spot differences in the turtle tank, but not all the diferences were in the tank. The flashlight and another object were near the tank. Very confusing!
-The back button looks like a reverse PLAY button, please add a real back button
- It would be very nice if after we find the animal (for example the dog) another voice would say "i'm a dog!". The same voice is all over the application and this can get boring for kids
- There are times the application feals kind of sluggish, but nothing major
|General review||This is a very good application for kids. The number o mini-game you get is awesome and you even get a few extras like painting. The price can be a little high, but the content really justifies it. The app has some performance problems and uses a lot of RAM, because if i press the home button, open another app and try to switch back to this app, it stars the app like I open it for the first time. Minor problems that dont affect the value and my 5|
|What I liked||1. This application has some very good visuals and well done animations. There is no lag and the performance is excellent.
2. At first I didn't knew there were some missions in this game, but after I found out, the game was way better. You have something to constantly challenge you.
3. I like that the game is FREE and you dont have to spend money unless you really want to do so.
|Improvements||1. The ads are kind of intrusive, I understand it's a FREE game, but after every time a level ends an ad pops up. It gets annoying after some time.
2. If I buy a power up and don't use it in the game, the next time I start one i'm charged again for that specific power up. Unused power ups should remain in my possession until I want to use them.
3. The settings menu is kind of empty. I only have sound options. You should have more languages or some sort of game modes, or maybe a difficulty level option for kids.
|General review||This is a very good game to play as a time killing alternative or with my friends. The app is smooth and the visuals are very nice. There are some things that need work, like the power up problem I told you about, but nothing major. The missions really make this game what it is and for a FREE game, it's great!|
|First 5 minutes video review|
|Video review once the app was mastered|
|What I liked||1. A very good and complete tutorial at the beginning of the application.
2. The different coloring tools are very nice. From brushes to spray cans. Each has a different falling and you can create amazing effects.
3. The kids enjoy the stickers. They are very funny and easy to acces.
|Improvements||1. I like the undo button on the right side, but it would be nice if I could long press it and get a blank page so the kid can draw something new.
2. I like the save option, but the icon should be different and the option should be named SAVE and not photo.
3. I would like to see more coloring pages from this application. The kids can get very fast to the end.
4. Pinch to zoom would be a nice touch on the image. The plus button is not as good.
|General review||Overall this coloring application is a solid option. Lots of tools with different coloring patterns that are well placed. There are good pages to draw with nice characters, but I wish there were more. The app needs a few minors touches and it will be perfect.|
|What I liked||1. The story is very well put together and educational. The artwork looks very well as it dose in other applications from this developer.
2. The drawing sections is absolutely awesome. The amount of colours is incredible and you get a lot of drawing tools.
3. In the activities section you can play a lot of mini-games. From creating words to mazes and trivia questions. Our favorite one is searching for words!
|Improvements||1. It would be nice to have a pause button in the read to me mode so I can pause everything it something comes up and the kid gets distracted.
2. After i finish reading the book, at the end screen it would be nice to automatically rise the menu so people can see that they can do other activities. Make them more visible because they are very good.
3. If for example we play "word search" and we find a couple of words and then exit this mini-game to the main menu, when we return it stars all over again. The two words we found should have been saved and we should continue from there.
|General review||Overall this is a fantastic book for teaching kids about Jesus's Miracles. The book is definitely educational, it looks and feels very good with stunning graphics and lots of mini-game where kids can show what they learned. There are a few things to tight up here and there but nothing major that coud keep me fron giving this application a 5 stars rating.|
|What I liked||- It's very nice that the game is FREE and you can try it out because you chose if you want to spend more money on the full version of the application.
- the fact that the game is on categories is definitely a plus. You can chose very quick the part of the game that you are interested in.
- the four mini-games are very different, girls tend to play more dress up.
- the characters that appear at the end of the levels are very cute, kids love them.
|Improvements||- in CONTINENTS, I had some problems with the puzzle game. The lines are very faded out and it's hard for kids to put the pieces together. Also, the next piece is in the top right and it can interfere with the corner piece
- in CONTINENTS, in the legend menu the puzzle sign is a purple triangle, but on the word map it's a blue one
- even though this is a kids game, it would be nice to rate you game performance in a scale from one to three stars. Now you only get tree stars if you complete one game regardless how many mistakes you make
- The downloading time is very bad. I had to wait a lot
|General review||This is a wonderful game for children. The four mini-games are very well developed and they look awesome. The game needs some little work on the puzzle game and the rating scores, but the biggest problem is the downloading time for the categories. It takes forever! Overall a great game with nice replay value and a honest price.|
|What I liked||1. I like that the application is free and you can install it and them see what book you want to buy. Also it's nice that you get one for free.
2. The levels are a nice touch. I like that the books are structured in this way.
3. The MY BOOKS sections is nice. I don't have to hunt for the books I purchased, I can find them all with a simple tap.
|Improvements||1. The first thing I saw was that the LOCK PURCHASE in the settings menu is off by default. It should be on because this application is for children and if parents would like to buy something, they could turn it off.
2. I'm not a fan of the bookshelf format. It would be nice if the cover of the books would be larger, so they could be more visible.
|General review||Overall this is a good educational application for kids where they can learn objects and words. The content is really good and vast, with good voice acting and graphics. There are a few minor things to change in a future version, but nothing that can't be done.|
|What I liked||1. The first thing I can tell is the quality of the sound. Very very good quality with no interruptions or loss of signal.
2. I love the background audio in this application. I can browse the web and work with the email client and still lisin to radio.
3. The content of the stations is very good. I'm lisining for some days and I enjoy it.
4. I like the user interface on the iPad. Much better then the iPhone version.
|Improvements||1. The volume button has some cosmetic problems. When I get to almost 50 percent in volume the entire volume meter gets colored.
2. The user interface of the iPhone version is not too good. The text is small and so are the images. You could look at the iPad version and copy some elements over to the iPhone.
|General review||Overall this application is very good for listening to radio on demand or podcasts. The user interface is very good on the iPad, with big images and nice background, but not so good on the iPhone. The background audio feature makes this application great for working and enjoying music in the same time.|
|First 5 minutes video review|
|Video review once the app was mastered|
|What I liked||1. This is the first time I've seen an animated puzzle and it's AMAZING. Very challenging and very well developed. It's much better then a classic puzzle games.
2. I like that the game can be played by all ages. The difficulty level options are very welcomed.
3. The fact that the pieces are square is great. It makes the game even challenging. It's a good thing they are not shaped like classic pieces.
4. I don't know how you managed to make such a great application FREE and as far as I could see without ads.
|Improvements||1. When i'm in a level, often times one piece of the puzzle covers the music on/off switch and another piece covers the GO BACK to menu button. There is a lot of space for all the pieces, you just have to put them right.
2. If I've almost complete a puzzle and I exit it to go to another one, my first game shouldn't restart from zero. It should remain the same until I get back.
3. If for example i'm in the Hard LEVELS menu and I want to chose another difficulty level, I have to acces a puzzle in order to go back to the main menu. Please add a back button. This could be very helpful.
|General review||Overall this game is fantastic. The animated puzzle concept is a great one and the result is spectacular. It's a game for all ages and not only for kids. I don't know how this could be possible but this game is FREE and has a quality well over some paid applications. FIVE STARS ALL THE WAY.|
|What I liked||1. The application is very educative, if you know the basics of biology.
2. The application is very interactive, so you can interact with the humain body while you learn.
3. The images of the body are well made and they reflect the reality in a proper way.
|Improvements||1. It would be nice if i could drag objects on to the screen instead of tapping on the object and on the place where I want them to be placed.
2. The refrigerator door opening animation is very baggy on my iPad 2.
3. Unfortunately I did't see lots of explanations and I was stuck for some time at certain parts of the journey.
4. I don't think this application is for kids. It uses specific words that are known only by people in the biology or chemistry branch, like pepsine. I learned what this word is in my first year on the Biology University. You have to know the basics to use the application.
|General review||This is a good educational application, but not one for kids. Unfortunately it has lots of specific words and you have to know some biology to use it and pass all the challenges. I like that the humain body is well structured, but again this app is not for everyone.|
|What I liked||1. The story is very well made, fluid, with very cute characters and nice artwork.
2. I like the 3 way we can enjoy the story book, you don't see this is a lot of applications.
3. The interactive part of the book is very interesting, kids tap on all kind of things and want to see what appends.
4. The extras are very welcomed: painting, videos and games are a very good add on to the main story.
|Improvements||1. Kids love the two videos I have found in the application. The musicals are very well made and they are very enjoyable, but it would be nice if a fast forward button would be present and the text should be placed on the top black bar, and not on the video.
2. Gem Match is very nice, but unfortunately it's laggy on my iPad 2, after the kids play similar games that work much better, they dont want to play a laggy one.
3. It would be nice it you could add more pages to paint isection. Kids love painting the funny characters.
|General review||This is another great application from the WUBBZY family of apps. The artwork in wonderful and the characters and story are on top. The interactive pat of the book is funny and kids love it. Putting in the extras that you get, like games, painting and you have a great value for a 2 dollar application.|
|What I liked||1. I like this application for the 3 ways kids can enjoys the story. The interactive part is very good, I found kids tapping all over the screen waiting for something to happen. And the narrated one is good for kids who are not completely in to reading.
2. The app looks very good. Graphics are very well made, with vivid colors. I can see that this is a polished app.
3. The 3 mini games are also a nice add on to the storybook. They are very enjoyable and kids love them.
4. Painting is great. Very good templets. It's fun and easy for kids to paint. There are lots of colors to chose from.
|Improvements||1. The story is excellent and pretty long. So I would be nice to have an option for auto page turn. After some time, it's kind of boring for kids to tap on the arrow. It would be nice to have this as an option in a future update.
2. Unfortunately there is not enough difference between the "Read and Play" mode and the "Read to Me" mode. It would be nice to have some animation or something exclusive to the play mode. Now you can play in the "Read to Me" mode too.
|General review||This is a very good application for kids. You get a very nice storybook that has some interactive value and a good narration. The design of the app is very good. Graphics look sharp and the colors are vivid. There are a few improvements to make, but nothing to affect the value of the app. Putting in to account the mini games and the paint section and you have a 5 stars app.|
|What I liked||1. Math is very important for kids and it's very nice to be able to teach with such a good tool. I have seen kids knowing math with money, but not with numbers.
2. The story is a very nice add on to the application. Kids can learn some important thing listening or reading it.
3. It's nice that i get nine different games. They are all very challenging and interesting.
|Improvements||1. I could see some improvements in the story section of the application. It would be nice if the page would auto turn after the app finished reading the page. And it would be nice if once I tap the microphone button it would stay on until I tap again on it to stop it.
2. It would be nice if in the State Info part of the application The kids could see a map of the country with the states to tap on. They could learn where some states are located and learn about coins.
3. The overall design of the application is not too good and I can say that this is the weakest point.
|General review||This application is a very good tool for teaching and learning. The nine games are very good and well made and the story just adds to the overall value of the application. Unfortunately the design of the app is a weak point and needs serious improvements in a future update.|
|What I liked||1. The tracing part of the application is great. The graphics look very nice, interesting characters and very nice interactions with them. The multi section numbers are great for kids who just started the wonderful jurney.
2. The videos are a nice bonus is this application. It would be nice to see more in the future.
3. For 2 dollars, this is a great value application. Lots of games and nice pages to paint.
|Improvements||1. The volume toggle in the video playback is laggy on my iPad 2. It affects the overall feel of the app.
2. When painting, the more button on the top left and the + button on the right side are in the way. Kids accidentally press them when trying to paint in the corners. Please move them.
3. The pop up menu, from the bottom, is kind of useless. Painting is the same as coloring, games are the same games and tracing is tracing. You could integrate the remaining: videos and options on the main screen and ditch the pop up menu.
4. Please app an option so kids cand trace all the numbers in one go.
|General review||This is another wonderful application from Wubbzy. Learning the numbers is critical and with the help of this app it's very easy to teach in the classroom. There are a few minor improvements to make, but nothing is so bad to keep me from giving this app a five stars rating.|
|What I liked||1. The application looks very nice. The images is the book are very well made. Characters look good and they are funny. The sound is also excellent with some great effects.
2. The book is not too short as I found in other applications and the 3 modes are nice, but it needs a new one. See the improvements section.
3. The games are a nice add on to the story and the painting section has some good pages plus lots of colors to chose from.
|Improvements||1. In the paint section I have found a problem. When painting, if I get over the iPad screen limit ( the bottom part) the pop up menu will get up and my work will be destroyed. It's very hard to paint in the bottom section without activating the pop up menu.
2. I would like to see an all interactive mode with full screen scenes. I found kids enjoying very much the play mode and it would be nice to get the text out of the screen so they can focus more on the characters and the funny actions they are doing.
|General review||This is a very nice book with some very nice modes. Narration and interactive. The design of the book is very nice, with some good looking graphics and great sound effects. The games and painting section are a nice add on for this application. For the money I paid I got a very good and complete application.|
|What I liked||1. The examples of words are well illustrated in the application by some very nice drawings. I like that the word is put in a sentence so kids can better understand what it means in the real world.
2. I like that when a letter in not correct, tapping the delete button erases it, even it it's the first one in a word. It's much more easier to do so then to make kids go to the wrong letter.
3. I like the design of the app. It's very colorful and eye-catching. Kids love the main character and the overall environment is nice.
|Improvements||1. Having all the letters spoken out loud by the character is very nice. I understand that they are spoken how we hear them and not how we write them, but in my opinion some letters are not pronounced correctly by the character
2. The application feels laggy on my iPad 2 with the latest iOS version on board. It's not a big thing for kids because they don't notice it, but I did. You could work on this aspect for a future version
3. It's nice to have an option to skip a word, but in this application it's not too easy. You have to access a menu and then skip it. It would be nice to skip it easier
|General review||Overall this is a good little application that learns kids how to pronounce 3 letter words. In my opinion not all the words are pronounced correctly and the applications feels kind of laggy on my idevice. The design and idea of the app are very good, but they need improvements to make it more competitive in the AppStore.|
|What I liked||1. The design of the application is very simple and this is a thing I really love. You don't get your eyes on all kind of cool designs and you focus of the usability of the application.
2. I like the import feature. It's nice to have one of my favorite songs in this app and play with it.
3. Exporting is also nice, with file format features.
4. The amount of thigs I can do with this app is outstanding. If you know what you are doing, this is a very powerful song compositor tool.
|Improvements||1.I would like to see the main menu get improved. So I don't have to press on "help" or on "songs". It would be helpful to press on the row and not on the spelling to acces it.
2. Unfortunately the full verios is not described in the application. So people don't know what they buy and they will not buy it. Add what's in the full versions, so people see the advantage of owning it.
3. When adding notes, if I tap too quickly on them the response is not straight away. There is a delay in responding to what I press. If I try adding notes slower, it okay. I don't know it this is a glitch or a limit
|General review||This is a very nice application if you are into creating or playing with songs. You can import them straight from iTunes and export them in different formats after you are done. The design of the app is simple, but the app is powerfull. Unfortunately there is an IAP to upgrade to the full version, but with no description. It's a free app so it's nice to have a chance to try it out.|
|What I liked||1. The first good thing about this application is the quality. The app is very fluid and the content is very good with all kind of exercises that take you threw all of the 5th grade math. The geometric part is very well illustrated with very good examples. Kids learn very well with visual examples.
2. The Game Center integration is nice. It's very rarely that I see an educational application with achievements. I don't know why, but this application is a good example that we can have these extra challenges included.
|Improvements||1. I would like to see an auto page turn after the kid taps on a result. Even if it's wrong. You display that the answer is wrong and auto turn the page. This would make the game more playable.
2. It would be nice to color with green the tests kids have passed so we can see in the main menu how we've done so far, the progress.
3. Kids are familiar with the iPad keyboard where the 0 key is the last one in the numbers row. In the application it's the first one. They get confused because they know for a long time that the key was in the opposite position.
|General review||This is an excellent tool for 5th grade kids how are learning math. The design of the application is very simple and the content is a lot and has great quality, I see a few minor esthetic problems, but nothing major. I have to give this app 5 stars for that it is.|
|What I liked||1. The characters are very interesting. Kids love them and are very alert to what they want.
2. The graphics are excellent, with bright colors and good looking objects. The sounds are also top class.
3. This is an excellent tool for teaching kids the position of the Sun and the clock reading techniques.
|Improvements||1. The first think I noticed when I opened the app was the screen orientation. I understand that the game must be played in an horizontal position, but when playing the clock game kids tend to keep the iPad on they're lap at an angle. So the volume buttons always get in the way. Please add an option for screen orientation.
2. I would like to see more games in this app. After learning something it would be nice to build on that with some nice games.
|General review||This is an excellent learning tool for teaching kids the position of the Sun and how to read the clock. The graphics look excellent and the main character in very enjoyable. The lack of games and a screen orantation problem stopped me from giving this app 5 stars.|
|What I liked||1. This is a very interesting game that helps kids learn the basics of math. It's a nice way to keep a kid interested in school in this period of time when everything is digital.
2. The graphics look very crisp and the stories are interesting to read.
3. I like the multi user switcher. It's great for using the application in the classroom for lessons.
|Improvements||1. I like the stories, but it would be very nice it they were narrated to kids. An option for this would be a great update to the application.
2. Some kids reported that the speed of the game was too fast and they didn't have time to play as they would like. Adjusting the speed for some kids would be a nice option for a future update. Not all kids have the same reaction times.
|General review||Overall this is a interesting application for teaching kids math. The app supports multi user profiles for a great experience and the stories are nice, but narration would be a good update. The overall value of the app is good and for 99 cents it's definitely a must try.|
|What I liked||1. This is a very interesting application for learning basic math. It's a very nice way to catch some kids attention.
2. The main character is very cute and kids love it. And all the other characters that hop on the train are also very cute. Kids want to play with them. So is the music and the overall atmosphere.
|Improvements||1. The writing in the parents section of the application is very small on an iPhone. But on the larger screen of the iPad, it's okay. The overall app feels like a native iPad app ported to the iPhone.
2. The app feels very repetitive with all the characters doing basically the same thing all over again. Unfortunately this free version is too restrictive and it's hard to get a better understanding of the full version.
|General review||This is an interesting application for teaching math to kids. The visuals and sounds are very good, but this is where the good thing stop. The app feels very repetitive and it's so lite that you can't make a good understanding about the full version. I wish I could try out the full version to have a better idea of the app.|
|What I liked||1. Kids love the cartoonish look of the application.
2. The story is very interesting and kids wanted more and more.
3. The math part of the app is very well integrated in to the overall application and some times kids forget that they are learning math and focus on a good app.
|Improvements||1. The narration is good and kids love lisining to stories, but if there was a background song the app would feel more alive. It would be something to complete the app.
2. A couple of stand-alone game would be very nice in this game. The math problems in the story are good, but we need more.
3. It would be nice to have spanish as an option for language. This is the kind of app to use if you are learning other languages to kids.
|General review||Overall this is one good application. For learning math at school or at home this is a very nice way. The app looks good, drawings are crisp and so is the narration. There are a few things to consider in an update and this app could get even better.|
|What I liked||1. This is a very interesting application. Kids can learn how some animals look and how they sound.
2. I like the little things of this app. Like the interactivity of the images and the little tips in some animal sections.
3. The settings are very useful and the languages supported are plenty.
|Improvements||1. It's nice to have a virtual tour of the zoo, but I don't understand why there are farm animals like pigs and chickens present here.
2. The app is very short. I mean there are not a lot of things to do. Two or three interactions is every animal categories. For the money I'm paying, in not satisfied with the content. It needs more content to be competitive with other similar apps on the AppStore.
|General review||This is a good looking mini virtual tour of a zoo, though there's a limited number of animals present here. The graphics are good and so are the sounds, but the content is not worth 3 dollars in my opinion, because there are other apps on the AppStore with a richard content and lower price point.|
|What I liked||1. I like that the game has multiple languages, very useful if your kid is learning 2 languages. He can find the name of an object in both languages and make associations.
2. The design of the application is flawless. Good looking drawings, animations at every object and nice sound effects across the board.
3. I like that the object and the text are color coordinated so kids can see what is what. A simple, yet important detail in my opinion.
|Improvements||1. The application is very good, BUT after finishing the letter C and tapping the forward arrow I was asked to insert my itunes password. After that I was asked if i want to make a 3.99 dollar purchase. This is not cool. After you finish the letter C, the forward arrow should be a box with the BUY the full version text, so people know that the demo part has finished. I know that I got the security math question, but still you need to let people know what's coming next
2. After finishing a letter and accessing the character section, I would like to see a game with that letter, not some sentence
|General review||Overall this application is very good for learning. The multi language options, the sounds, effects and drawings make this educational tool one of the best. Unfortunately the in app purchase problem is a very serious one and for this reason I have to give it only 3 stars. Please fix it because it damages a great app.|
|What I liked||1. This application is an excellent tool for somebody looking to test there knowledge.
2. The design of the app is good. The questions section is very nice. I like the blurred background and the big text size.
3. I like that you can disable different sections from your test. A very good feature to have if you studied only one or two systems.
|Improvements||1. The first thng I noticed is the home screen. Here you have two sets of buttons that do the same thing. Settings and results are on the middle on the screen and on the bottom on the screen. It's waisted space that could be used.
2. I would like to be taken to the next question after I answer one. It gets very bad to tap 50 questions on and on again.
3. I would like to see a native iPad application. The app is very good, but people don't typically study on they iPhone. A bigger screen with a new design is something I would really want to test out.
|General review||This is a very good application for studying. The design is excellent, but it needs a few changes. The amount of information you have in this app is excellent and the price is right in my opinion. I think there are a few thinks to enhance before I could give this app a 5 star rating.|
|What I liked||1. I like the tutorial. It's easy to understand and it's nice that you have the option to skip it.
2. This gameplay is unique. I played a lot of puzzle games and haven't came across one like this. 3. I like that the application is free and the ads are not intrusive in any way.
4. Having the option for purchasing power ups is really nice. They can can in handy at some point.
5. The replay sharing is also a very nice feature to have in a game.
|Improvements||1. I like the gameplay very much, but I would like to see more game modes. It would be very interesting to have a multiplayer mode on the same device, only on the iPad.
2. I would like to see more options. Like for example adding a difficulty toggle. I could give this game to a kid and it would be nice for him to he able to play with it.
3. It would be nice to have account for this game. So more people can play and they're score would be saved separately.
|General review||Overall this is a very interesting little puzzle game. The gameplay is unique, but I would like to see more game modes and even more options like a difficulty toggle. The ads are not hurting this application and I'm looking forward to the updates I consider to be important.|
|What I liked||1. I have to say that the content is very good, having kids in front of the iPad for hours
2. I like that the games has two modes. If I want a specific mode to play I can acces it very easy without getting to it in the play mode.
3. I like the standings menu in the settings menu. A very good tool for parents or teachers to have.
4. There are different ways to play this game, with six different little games, each one very nicely done.
|Improvements||1. In the play mode I have come across a quiz level where I got two on the same objects, letters. So if the kid taps on one of them, the other one was the correct one. Is this a bug or is this how the game was made to work, I don't know yet.
2. I like that this game has a PLAY MODE and a FREE MODE. But the play mode shoud be called STORY MODE and the other FREE MODE shoud have a different name. Naming the mode FREE, some people could understand that the other mode is with money or it's with IAP. It's an unwanted name to have in any paid application.
|General review||This is a very good game, with good content that provide hours of gameplay. The way the game is divided in two modes is very well done. The story mode is very good and the other mode is for kids who love a specific game. Overall I have to give this game five stars for what it is with the hope of considering my improvements.|
|What I liked||1. This is a very nice application to have for the holidays. It's an application that is very fun to use with friends and family.
2. The amount of carols I got for one dollar is good. I would like to see more, even if they were with IAP system.
3. The changing background option is really handy and looks very nice. I like how easy it is to acces.
|Improvements||1. I don't understand why the application is not native for the iPad. The iPad display size would be much better to use. The text would be larger.
2. I tap on the How To Video and I'm taken to a website where is no video tutorial. The tutorial would be nice to be integrated in to the application. With no need to go to an external source.
3. I don't understand what the play button in the right bottom corner is supposed to do. I tap it and untap it but noting happens. The other, voice canceling button, works just fine.
4. I wish the text would highlight as we sing it. Not the hold row at once.
|General review||Overall this application is good. The content is excellent and it's enough. The design is simple and easy to use, but I would like a full screen native iPad option. I had fun with this application together with my friends and family. I can't give this app a 5 star rating just yet. It needs some work.|
|What I liked||1. This is the first time the kids played a game like this. And I have to say that it's unique. Very interesting gameplay.
2. The graphics are very good and sharp, even if the design of the characters can get confusing sometimes.
3. Kids love the different worlds you can play on. Each is better then the last.
|Improvements||1. The parent section is something very nice to have, but it would be nice to see it integrated into the app. Now it's just a link to a site.
2. The characters from this app are very cute, but some of them need a little more work to resemble a read animal. This game is based on recognizing what they are.
3. The game is pretty short. The worlds you get are very well done, but for the money I paid, it's too little. It needs more content.
|General review||Overall this is a very interesting little game. It's the first game I see with this gameplay and I have to say that kids are very interested. The graphics look very good, but it needs a little work. I wish it had more content, the current gameplay can finish very fast.|
|What I liked||1. I like the way this application is structured. On one hand you have a wonderful learning and reading book and on the other hand you have some mini-games to test the kids and what they learned.
2. I like that some words have explanations so kids can learn what that word means in the real world.
3. Very interesting rewards system. Kids can play with this app and have a little song reward after they finish. Very nice.
4. For a free application you get a good amount of content.
|Improvements||1. The main menu is kind of hard to understand. Kids can't understand exactly what's happening there and they can't navigate on they're own. Too many trains, going and coming. Even for me it was pretty hard at the beginning. You could make it more easy to understand and more clean looking.
2. It would be nice if you could improve the adult access system. Some kids know the shapes and they could have access to the section. I would recommend something like a simple math question.
|General review||All in all this is a very good learning application. The design of the objects are very good and the information kids can get out of this app is also good. The books are plenty and after you finish the free stuff there is always more paid ones. Some minors improvements are needed in my opinion, but nothing critical.|
|What I liked||1. A very interesting application for kids. This is the first time I have see an idea like this.
2. I like the categories and how they are structured. It makes it very easy for me to know where to look for something.
3. Very kids friendly design for the app. Colorful and with beautiful shapes and objects.
|Improvements||1. It's very nice to have a controlled environment for kids to watch videos on the web, but I imagined this app differently. I would like to search on YouTube and find what videos I like and let my kids see them. I couldn't search for my own videos here.
2. It would be nice to have the app in landscape mode. How it's all in portrait mode, but in full screen videos you can go in landscape. Please make it all in landscape.
|General review||This is a very interesting concept. I like the idea of controlling what kids whatch on the tablet. You get lots and lots of videos here with categories from animals to cartoons to math. The design of the app is good, but the main drawback is the inability to search for videos I want to. Please fix this and the app would be well worth it.|
|What I liked||1. This is a very funny application and kids had a lot of fun waiting to see what happened after the character drinked the magic potion. They were very happy and surprised at the same time.
2. The catalog of magic potions is vast. You have pages and pages to go through and it's a lot of gameplay. I think kids got bored of the game and the potion catalog still had some they never had a chance to do.
3. The graphics of the game are good, the character is very funny and the transformations he is going through are hilarious.
|Improvements||1. The application needs more variability. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is nice, but after some time kids get bored of doing potions. It would be nice if kids had some kind of story to go through.
2. I would like to see some transformation permanent. The character looking like what he just transformed in to. I think it would be very funny and I think kids would enjoy it too. It was a request from them.
|General review||Overall this is a very interesting application. The content is solid, I've got a catalog full of potions. It's very nice to use all the tools and create potions, but after some time kids can get bored. The app lacks variability and a story mode could be a nice update.|
|What I liked||1. I like how this application is structured. Very clean interface and very simple. You can't get lost in this app.
2. With the help of this application, it's very easy to teach children in the classroom. It's fun and very interactive, so the kids are definitely attracted. By the way, with this app, even us adult can learn a thing or two.
3. I have to say, the mini games are very interesting and I found kids enjoying them.
4. The video tutorials were one of the best things. We played in the classroom with these experiments and kids were blown-away. They were getting in on the action.
|Improvements||1. One of the things I would like to see is a settings icon on the main screen. Now I have to acces a category in order to go to settings menu.
2. It would be nice to add game center integrations for the game. Kids with this app at home could enjoy this. Or maybe some multiplayer compatibility.
3. I couldn't find other supported languages. Adding some could bust this application in the future. It's a too good of an application not to support other countries.
|General review||This is hands down one of the best educational application I have found on the AppStore. From video tutorials to dictionary, from great graphics to educational mini games, this application is complete. I wish one day all application were as good as this one. Incredible!|
|What I liked||1. The first thing I saw then I opened the application was the language selector tab. I like that it has more languages then English, but it's something wrong there. I will say what in the next tab.
2. I really like how this application can help kids count and with color recognition. They are very nicely integrated in the overall gameplay.
3. The gameplay is good and the overall content is suficient for the price of the app. It can be replayed without too much problems.
|Improvements||1. Aldow the language selector is up front, this is not necessary a good thing. I let kids play on they're own and sometimes they can change the language by mistake. So I would recomand this feature to be buried deep in the parents section, where kids can't access it.
2. I would like to see different games in stead of puzzles. Don't get me wrong, very are good, but too many. This precious space can be filed with other game that help kids found or recognize colors.
|General review||Overall this is a wonderful application for kids to play with. Counting and color recognition is the name of the game here. The content is good, but sometimes repetitive. I would like too see more privacy added to the language selector in a future update.|
|What I liked||1. The first think I like is that this application is secure. I had to answer a math question to acces the parents corner. Not a lot of educational applications do this, so it's worth noting.
2. I have to say that the number of stickers, letters, words plus more is incredible. Lots and lots of customizing is here, and it's hard to make two pages look the same.
3. Very enjoyable user interface, but I have some bad things to say in the next section about it.
|Improvements||1. I have to say that the user interface is very good for kids, but I would like to see it be more fluid When going through it. I would like to see no more check signs, and I would like to tap and advance. Now, you have to make too many steps.
2. The slide menu is a nice thing to have, but unfortunately it's a bad execution. The touch is not very sensitive and I found myseft trying lots of times to summon it until it finaly worked.
3. This application can't be used by some kids on their own. It can get a bit confusing some times, and this is the result of the above problems.
|General review||This is a very nice concept that kids really love. Unfortunately it has some touch sensitivity problems that really affect the experience. I would highly recomand fixing this becouse the kids had some spectaculars result with it and they want to use it more.|
|What I liked||1. I really like that this application has multiple age modes. It's nice to see this in an educational application. The changing user interface is also a very nice touch for these different ages.
2. I like that the drawings are put togeder in different categories and we could find then very easy. 3. The number of colors and textures are overwhelming. Lots and lots to chose from.
|Improvements||1. For me and for some kids, sliding from one drawing to another is not that smooth. I really have to slide to the edge on the screen in order for it to work. I would like some touch improvements.
2. In the colors and textures panel, there are some dots above the DONE button. I don't know what they do. I don't know if they are purely decorative, or they should had shown on what page I'm at the moment. This could b cleaned up a bit.
|General review||Overall this application is very interesting. It has lots of content for kids to draw and lots of colors to make a unique little monster. The facts that this app is structured for 3 age groups is very nice and a look forward to how it can be used. It doesn't need much to be perfect.|
|What I liked||1. I think animals are very important and this application dose more then teaching animals. It links the animal they already know to some habitats, places that kids must know that exist.
2. I really love the cartoonish graphics, although these kind of graphics aren't always a good idea. See the second part of my review.
3. The photo taking is one feature they really enjoy. It's nice that they can go and review them later on.
|Improvements||1. As I always do in an educational application I have checked the settings menu. On one hand I can say thai it needs more settings. Like adding animals or removing others from the game, maybe a voice on/off switch. But the most important thing that is missing is a safe question preventing kids to access the menu
2. I personally love these kind of cartoonish graphics, but some island look really alike. So it's kind of hard for kids to know where to put the animals
3. The game can become boring very fast for kids, because after every 3 animals you have to go thrue the the whole process again.
|General review||This is a very interesting application that dose a good job on linking animals to their natural places. The graphics are very nice, but the islands need some more work and you have to do something with the settings menu. For now only 3 stars, but this application is worth more if some of the problems I pointed out are fixed.|
|What I liked||1. The gameplay is nice. It's very challenging to do it how you want it.
2. The settings menu is one of the best. I have all kind of settings that are very good.
3. Thanks to the difficulty settings every kid can play this game. I like how the gaps get narrower if the difficulty settings are on easy.
4. The graphics are very nice. I like this retro style game. It brings back a lot of memories.
|Improvements||1. The gameplay is good and simple, but it could be better if the main character was in the middle of the screen. Now, it's on the right side and it's hard to see what is coming up next. Even in easy mode there is no change.
2. Unfortunate there is no pause button. If I press the red X button, I have to start all over again. Please add this button. For lots of players it could be handy.
3. I have to say that the text in this game doesn't look too good. The design of it needs to be changed and maybe make it bigger. Design is a big part of the app industry.
|General review||Overall this is one interesting little game. The graphics are decent and the gameplay is very challenging. There are a few cosmetic problems to be solved, but this app is on a good path. For version 1.0 I have to give it a solid 4 stars ratting. I'm waiting to see how it evolves.|